Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Half Marathon

As most of you know, I ran in my first half marathon last Sunday, the 23rd of September. I had decided last January that I really needed to loose some weight. Obviously, that is an easy conclusion to come to after just having a baby. I thought I'd train for a 5K (3.1 miles), and in training, I could focus my attention on training, not weight loss. It has worked so far. I like thinking about training and not loosing weight. I'm down about 25 plus from my prepregnancy weight. Well, I never ran a 5K, but had a friend convince me to train for the half, I wasn't sure that a month and a half was enough time, but I did it!!

I ran my half in 2 hours and 30 minutes, not an intimidating time, but a good one for me.

You are probably wanting to see pictures. I would like to post some and will, but they are in my friend's cell phone, does anyone know how to get cell phone pictures off the phone? Kenneth brought our camera, but the batteries were dead, story of my life.

I promise to post pictures, someday. Thank you for all the support I've received from friends and family, it was great getting your excited response emails back.

3 comments:

beckee said...

You are awesome!

TO get my pics off my phine, I can either send them to my album on line or I can email them to myself.

kristin said...

Can't help you on the cell phone transfer deal. I can barely take a picture on my own phone..let alone tranfer it! :)

hope you're able to figure it out! congrats again!

Laura said...

That is so awesome to run a half marathon! Congratulations! Post the pictures when you get them.