Sunday, March 2, 2008
Marathon Training
For those of you that don't know, I'm training for a Marathon, in Lincoln, NE, on the 4th of May. After my vacation and work in Utah, five weeks off from running, it was almost like starting over again. Before I left on vacation, I had trained up to 17 miles. When I got back to training, Feb. 1st, I knew that I needed to ease back into my training. I did a five mile run, and it felt terrible. But I'm happy to say that I've been able to increase 3 miles each week and I'm finally back up to where I left off, plus another half mile, 17.5 miles. Yeah!! As much as I dread running at times, I love running even more. I've explained it as a "love, hate relationship, with more love than hate. Well, I'll just keep doing what my training tells me to do, and I should be ready come the 4th of May.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
you are a true inspiration Bryn! Way to go, and good luck on May 4 (Emma's 5th Bday)
You are awesome! Someday I will be motivated like you!!
you're a rock star. I'm getting back after my HALF training...well..dam to dam which technically isn't even half! Montana was great..but I only ran once! I have a house/van to shovel..and tons to do today.and tomorrow will be game on!
Hey sister (in-law lol) With the marathon training and your hair growing out, you're looking more and more like me every day :) I loved the pictures of your cruise and especially the one of the fam walking down the beach...sorry to be checking in so late but they are great nonetheless. Best of luck with the marathon--and maybe you can convince my bro to join in and work off some of those doctor pounds!! love you tons!
I can't believe how close you are to your goal. Congratulations!
I demand that you post more frequently..at least weekly. and pictures. lots of pictures. ok..it's a request anyways.
Not from me. I demand as well!
Stop running so much and update your blog!
seriously Bryn!:)
brag about something!
post a picture of your closet??
anything??
Yep, your blog is still lame!
I have to admit, I am beginning to worry that you have forgotten you have a blog altogether and it makes me sad...
How did it go yesterday?! I was thinking about you-especially as I was watching the "Bloomsday" race here in Spokane on TV yesterday...
Post a Comment