Saturday, May 24, 2008

Lincoln, Nebraska Marathon











As most of you know, I ran in my first Marathon on May 4th, in Lincoln, NE. It was a good day, weather wise, and I felt good that morning, two very important points to make. The run went well, lots of supporters and energy from the people lining the streets. I ran better than I've ever run on my training runs and was very satisfied with my finish time, 5 hours, 8 minutes, and 34 seconds. One of the pictures shows my finish time about five minutes later, that's because it took me that long to get to the starting line after the race started. There were about 6000 participants between the half marathon and the full marathon, so it takes some time to get started. My good friend, Krisit, ran in the half marathon, then found me at mile 22 and ran the last four miles with me....what a true friend!! Running a marathon was an awesome life experience, one that I won't soon forget. Finishing was such an inspirational moment for me and I'm thankful that I trained and was able to complete it.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations! I am still so proud of you.

I'm getting ready to start running again this week. I've bought an ankle brace and plan to start with 1 mi fun, 1 min walk. I've decided to go ahead and sign up for the race on Sat June 21st. sanctuaryofhope.org

beckee said...

Congrats Bryn! You are awesome!! I am so glad to hear about your run and so glad to have new Whipple blogs to read!! Yeah!! Congrats on a great time! My friend Anne runs marathons and loves it-you should check out her blog-it is linked to mine.

Jodi said...

"Way to go girl!" You serioiusly amaze me. What a great accomplishment! What can I say more but.........................
"YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"